So, the day has come… I’m officially 25. With this new city, new job, and pretty much a new chapter in life, I decided to set some goals for this milestone year. I started with a goal of 25 things (for the aesthetic appeal) but I was having a hard time coming up with that many worthy aspirations! So, without further ado, here is my list of 10 things I want to do in my 25th year. It was harder than you might think to come up with even 10!!!
- Check out some parks in/around the city – there are a lot of beautiful, dogs off-leash parks around the area, and I can’t wait to explore them this summer!
- Investigate the food truck scene (and blog about it!)
- Save money – my ultimate goal in a few years is to buy a house, so it’s time to start saving that pesky down payment! Hopefully having my friend move in this summer will help with this.
- Meet new people – I’ve pretty much stuck with the same friend group since university, and since all of my other friends are back home, it’s time to expand the circle!
- Take a trip – this city’s airport is much bigger and has lots of options for flights, so I’d like to take a trip somewhere and take advantage of the flight deals! So far, I have a trip to Boston planned for my birthday next year, to see Harry Styles! Although, we’ll be driving for that.
- Try new food – this probably won’t help the saving money thing… but I am notorious for sticking to chain restaurants, and it’s time to branch out!
- Feel okay to say ‘no’ – People may ask me to do a lot of things…. but I can say no and not feel bad about it!
- Visit a brewery or winery – I don’t know, I’m just intrigued!
- Make my new place feel like home – right now it still feels like a mish mash of my things with no rhyme or reason.
- Feel okay to say no, but try to say ‘yes’ more too! Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
Here I go on what I hope to be the best year ever!
Until next time!